Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Taiwan: Country #10

In two short days I am heading to Taipei, Taiwan to visit one of my best friends, Danielle. I'm amazed to say that this will be the 10th country that I have had the privilege of visiting in the last 5 years. I never dreamed when I got my passport in 2001 that I would have so many stamps at this point! I mean I didn't even use it for the first 4 years!

In case you are curious about the countries I've been to, here's a list:

1. France - 2005 trip with Cassie to Paris
2. England - 2005 (see above) to London and 2009 to visit Erie in Oxford
3. Canada - 2005 trip across the border with family
4. China - 2006 mission trip with Dad to Guilin
5. Italy - 2007 trip with Cassie to Venice, Florence and Rome
6. Mexico - 2008 cruise with Katie to Cozumel and Progresso
7. Austria - 2008 European adventure with Danielle to Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck
8. Czech Republic - 2008 (see above) to Prague
9. Hungary - 2008 (same trip) to Budapest
10. Taiwan - 2010 trip to Taipei to visit Danielle

This trip will be my longest travel experience yet - a 13 hr flight from DFW to Tokyo and then another 4 hrs to Taipei. But it will be well worth it when I get to see Danielle at 7:30 p.m. on Friday! (I think that's 5:30 a.m. our time) I will try to give an update or two while I am in Taiwan and then will definitely give a full report when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment