Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Man, I Feel Like a Woman

I'm an adult. The signs have been creeping up for a while now. College graduation was the first tip off. Followed by the full-time job, bills, 10 p.m. bedtime, you know the story. Many of you are probably experiencing it too. My 25th birthday was definitely the turning point, there's no going back. It's not that I haven't wanted to be considered grown-up. I think I was born mature and I've always acted older than I am. I want to be grown-up, I just don't want to be old. You know what I mean?

This last week I realized that not only am I grown-up, and an adult. I'm also a woman. Haha. This sounds a little more drastic than I mean it to be. What I'm referring to is that I'm now being involved in "Women's ministries." Last Thursday I was elected for the third year as an officer in the HPU Woman's Club and during the meeting I was invited to be involved in the Women's Ministry at my church. I'm honored to serve in both ministries, it's just funny because it suddenly hit me - I'm an adult woman. Whoa! Times, they are a changing - and I'm glad. I'm looking forward to the Lord using me in new ways, it's just new territory and may take some getting used to.

1 comment:

  1. haha! i love it :)

    I had an 'adult' moment last month. we were planning a school trip and i was going as a sponsor. i asked, "who's the female adult in charge?" and they responded, "that would be you!" haha...right, of course!

    it does kinda sneak up on you!

    ReplyDelete