Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bachelor Jake Finale

Ok, so my bachelor predictions back in January may have been a little off. But I must say that I did pretty well. I predicted that Jake would pick either Ali or Tenley. Ali made it to the final four but then made her own choice to leave the show for her job (how could I have seen that coming?). She was my favorite, and apparently America's too because last night they announced she is going to be the next Bachelorette! I guess this time she's going to choose "love" over her career. Definitely will be tuning in next season, what can I say? I'm addicted to this crazy, improbable show that almost never works out!

Then on to Tenley, who made it to the final rose ceremony last night. She was such a sweetheart, and I will admit that she made me cry a little last night when Jake rejected her. Tenley expressed so much dignity and grace as Jake told her she wasn't his choice. She actually thanked him for being honest with her and not leading her on when there wasn't more there. How many people do you know that would thank someone for breaking their heart?

Jake ended up picking Vienna, who was probably my last choice. I have to say, even though I read the spoilers and knew it was coming all along I was still hoping down to the very end that it wasn't true. Sorry guys, I just did not like that girl for Jake. I hope they are happy, though. Everyone deserves happiness, even though the likelihood of Jake and Vienna staying together after meeting on The Bachelor is like 2 to 11.

While watching the finale last night, my sister Lorin called me to tell me this crazy story. Her husband Philip was watching for a few minutes with her during the segment when the girls were meeting Jake's family. Phil thought that he recognized one of Jake's brothers and it turns out that he was Phil's tutor in medical school. Isn't that so crazy? He's actually a student at UTMB in Galveston. It's such a small world sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I was very disappointed myself. It seems like every year the bachelor narrows it down to two girls: one that he chooses with his mind and the other that he chooses with NOT his mind. Unfortunately it seems like passion wins out over common sense.

    I hate to see people get their hearts broken too!!But I guess they have to know that the odds of finding true love are not in their favor. It does make for interesting television viewing though.

    All I know is, I would have a hard time watching my "fiance" make-out with a girl on the night before he proposed. To me, that just seems wrong - I think the green monster of jealousy would be rearing its head. Maybe I'm just old fashioned :-)

    ReplyDelete