Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Spring Again

"It's spring again, it's spring again. Do you know how I know? All the leaves are on the trees and the grass is starting to grow!"

I learned this little poem when I was in Kindergarten and decided that I was going to recite it in our school talent show. It has some other verses I don't remember, but you get the gist. Isn't it funny the things that stay with you?

Well, it is spring and I'm so glad! This picture is the view from out of my office window at the Harrison House. Isn't this tree beautiful? I love all of the blooms everywhere on campus right now! I hope you are all enjoying the spring! Isn't it fun to be outside again? I love all of the green and the flowers and the sunshine. What a wonderful time of year!

I'm only going to have this view for a couple more weeks, because I am moving offices as soon as we wrap up Dr. Ellis' inauguration. I went over and looked at my new office yesterday. I like the furniture and the area looks really nice! The sad thing is that I don't have a window at all. I'm going to miss my view out of my eight different windows, but I'll survive!

It's so hard to believe that I won't be working at the Harrison House any more. This has been my home away from home for the past 5 years. I started working there my junior year of college and have been around ever since. My friend Kristy's son Tyler even calls it "Kalie's house." He actually thinks I live there, although one day he was really puzzled about where my bed was. I know I'm going to miss having Kristy right across the hall, but change is good, right? I am looking forward to being in a more centralized place on campus. Hopefully this move will help me stay more connected with everything going on. It does double my commute, though. Instead of leaving my apartment at 8:00 and arriving at work at 8:00, I may have to leave closer to 7:57 or so, depending on the traffic crossing Austin Avenue. haha.

2 comments:

  1. What building are you moving to? Are you starting a new job or just relocating your office? (My curiosity is out :))

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm moving to Packer. In December I was promoted to Director of Media Relations and so I'm not doing alumni work any more and am joining a new Marketing and Communication Division. Lots of changes - but it's all good!

    ReplyDelete