Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lucky Bamboo

I've spent my day sifting through files, photos and just stuff that has accumulated in my office over the past four years. We are starting to move things over to our new offices in Packer and should be all set up by next week.

As a junior in college, when I came to interview for the "Hometown News Coordinator" student worker position, I had no clue that one day I would be Director of Media Relations. It is amazing to look back and see God's provision all along. He knew I was right where I needed to be and He knew that my entire plan for my life would change in such an effortless, natural way.

God is so good to guide and direct us and prepare us for what is to come.

Looking around my office, there are many momentos from my years at the Harrison House. Pictures from events, copies of the LINK that turn up everywhere, cards and pens and a bamboo plant.

My bamboo plant is probably my favorite thing in my office, and sadly I can't take it with me to my new office, because I have no windows and it would die. So, bamboo will be moving home with me. My friend Danielle gave this plant to me back in 2008 when we just became friends. It had something to do with One Tree Hill, I can't even remember exactly what it was about, but I remember that it only had three little leaves on it at the time and I was sure that my lack of a green thumb was going to kill it in a week. Well, here we are two years later and look how beautiful it is! It has grown and thrived and become so much more than I ever thought that it would. This may be kind of sappy, but I feel like it's kind of a metaphor for my time here. Starting out, I knew barely anything and didn't think I'd make it past the summer. Now, here I am, thriving and growing! I still have a long way to go, but God's right there with me, leading and guiding me every step of the way.

I feel like God is preparing my heart for some new things in the future and I am really looking forward to seeing what He has in store. His plans are so much better than mine and so I'm trusting Him to lead me on this great adventure known as life.

1 comment:

  1. Cassie Hoyer... opps, I mean Bird!May 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

    I love this post Kalie! It was just what I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete