Monday, May 17, 2010

Blessing on the Border

My dad is officially the new senior pastor for the First Baptist Church of El Paso. While dad and mom have been talking to the search committee since around January, I truly believe God has been preparing them for this day for their whole lives. I can't tell you how much of a blessing it was to be a part of this life-changing weekend with my family.

During the weekend, dad shared his heart with the church and told them about the vision that God has given him for this border city. Dad truly believes that Jesus is going to change the city of El Paso, spilling over into Juarez, with the potential of going all the way down the Texas/Mexico border. He shared with the church yesterday that "Jesus is the answer" and it is so true! Only Jesus can save the thousands that are hurting and dying in this ever-increasing war on the border.

While El Paso was rated the second safest city in America this year, the city of Juarez is one of the most dangerous cities in the world, and it is literally right across the river. We drove along the border and it is just astounding the differences.

FBC is so warm and welcoming. I was really blessed by the people and feel like this will be a great place for my family to serve. While there was some confusion as to whether I was the 16-year-old or Mrs. Lowrie, I let everyone know I was daughter #1 and would not be living there, but hopefully visiting often. haha. I really had a wonderful time this weekend, and God blessed all of us with such a peace about this new chapter for the Lowrie family. I cannot wait to see what God has in store!

Here are some pictures I took this weekend of this new and exciting city:

Outside view of FBC

Inside the sanctuary

Inside view between old building and new building

Lowrie Family!

view of the mountains

View of Mexico

View of El Paso from up on Franklin mountain

Me and Jamie on Franklin mountain

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome for your father and family! I pray God uses him to bless the area and bring peace!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete