Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hot Dog-O! I'm headed to El Paso!

One night this past Christmas my dad, Phil and I were watching a great inspirational sports movie - Glory Road. (In case you didn't know this about me, I don't like sports, but I LOVE inspirational sports movies! They always make me cry!) Well, if you aren't familiar with this one, it's about this coach, Don Haskins, who moved to the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) and brought in all of these new players to the school, many of which were African American. Well, he proceeded to play the first full starting line-up of African American players and they ended up winning something. Haha, ok, I really don't know a whole lot about the story, but there is this part when one of the players was going through the line in the cafeteria and he was offered a taco, burrito or nacho. He asked for a "hot dog-o," but they didn't have any. My dad and I started joking about that all of the time. We had no idea that just five months later he would be going to El Paso in view of a call to become the next pastor for the First Baptist Church.

I'm so excited for Dad, Mom and Madie as they embark on this new journey. I never really imagined them moving to a place like El Paso, but I know that God has great things in store for them! I'm also so thankful that I get to go with them this weekend and be a part of this exciting time in their lives. I'm so glad I get to see this new place that will soon be my family's home.

I don't know if we are going to find any hot dog-o's while we are there this weekend, but it should be exciting nonetheless. I'll be sure to tell you all about it when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment