Sunday, December 6, 2009

Patience, waiting and enjoying the delays

For the past few days the Lord has been constantly reminding me about patience. I have always struggled with being patient and waiting for things to happen - birthday parties, giving presents, graduation - I could hardly wait! I have said before that if I could just KNOW that what I was waiting on was eventually going to happen, it would make the waiting so much easier. You know, if God gave me a flashing sign that said "Kalie, here it is, just wait a little bit and you will get it!" Wouldn't that be great?

Well, it seems like everywhere I turn lately, God has been reminding me about the importance of being patient and waiting on Him. I know that He has great things in store for me - things beyond my comprehension. But for now, I just need to wait. The good news about waiting on the Lord, is that there is joy in the waiting. Just because He hasn't revealed all of His plans to me, doesn't mean that there aren't good things happening right now!

So, I'm going to keep waiting for God's plan to be revealed, and I'm going to try to find joy in the waiting.

Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

2 comments:

  1. I know! I always think that some of those big neon arrow signs placed around by God would be helpful. Stay patient babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me encourage you Kalie. I think the key is, as you put it, "enjoying the delays." I would probably restate it as "being present in the moment," but I like how you say it better. As I get older, I find that the opposite becomes true - the birthdays, the parties, the celebrations and the deadlines come quicker.
    They key for me has been to enjoy, or to live and be present each moment in time in order to experience what God has for me - and God always has something for each of us!
    I have missed too many things looking forward and regretted too many things looking backward. Each moment God has something for us, if we will just open our eyes and hear with our ears. Psalm 27:4 Grace.

    ReplyDelete