Thursday, September 3, 2009

Scrub-a-dub-dub

Scrub-a-dub-dub - I finally have a new tub! Haha, what I thought was only going to take 2 or 3 days to install, turned into a week and a half. Thankfully, Kristy, Jeff and precious little Tyler were sweet enough to let me shower at their house while I impatiently awaited the completion of my bathroom. While it wasn't fun getting up 30 minutes earlier than usual for all of that time, it was fun to see the Mitchells more often. We ate chocolate chip pancakes, played swords and cars, ran in circles around the living room and had dinner together. Kristy mentioned one day that it was like I was part of the family - which was really sweet! I don't mind being an honorary Mitchell, not one bit!

I am so excited because tomorrow I'm boarding a Midwest flight with the destination of MILWAUKEE! (looking forward to the chocolate chip cookies on board!) I have been on the phone all week making plans with everyone I can think of that is still around. I'm renting a car for the first time in my life, and it's kind of like another sign I'm an adult - as if there aren't enough already. Hopefully I'll be able to find my way around town. Even though this is the place where I learned how to drive, and you would think I would remember everything, we moved pretty soon after I got my license and it's been 8 years now, so we'll see how it goes. I think I have every hour of my 2 1/2 day trip planned out, and I just can't wait! My next blog will be full of pictures and stories of my favorite city in the North. My friends are so precious to me, and I can't wait to see Lake Michigan, Tosa East High School, the village, my old house on Gridley Avenue and visit Northwest Baptist Church for the first time in forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment