Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Biggest Loser

So, I've never really watched the Biggest Loser before, but I am tuning in this season because I know one of the contestants. Her name is Abby and she is from Mabank! Abby's parents are good friends of my family's from our time in Mabank many years ago now. I think that Abby was in college while we lived there, so I never really got to know her, but I know her story. Almost three years ago Abby lost her husband, her 5 year-old-daughter and 2 week-old-son in a tragic car accident. Abby wasn't in the car because she was at home recovering from having the baby. My parents traveled to Mabank for the funeral to help support Abby and her family. This is truly one of the saddest stories I've ever heard, and Abby has shown great courage and strength just getting up everyday! Hearing her recount the story tonight made me cry - just like I did when I first heard about it. She mentioned on the show that she is there for a reason - and I really think it is to encourage others. I know Abby is a Christian and being on this show is an amazing opportunity for her to share her testimony with millions of Americans. I look forward to cheering her on!

On a side note, I didn't actually watch the whole show tonight because it was two hours long and the second hour I went to the Wellness Center to work out (having been motivated by the first hour of the show - if they can run a mile, so can I!!). I think it is kind of ironic to have a show motivating people to work out that lasts for so long. Yay for other people losing weight - let's sit on our couch for two hours as we watch them work hard. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. That is why I absolutely love that show...it motivates me to get off my butt! The contestants are REAL people which is what I just love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kalie! I cried when I heard her story! I'm rooting for her all the way.
    Health tip: you can walk/march in place or do side steps while you watch the show in the peace of your own living space, so technically you'd be increasing your heart rate for an hour!
    It makes me feel better about watching TV :)

    ReplyDelete