Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oh, I thought it was from last season

Last weekend was a Lowrie family reunion in Dallas. My sister Jamie is a freshman at DBU and so we planned to all meet up for family weekend. Lorin even got to come but Phil had to stay in Galveston for work. On Friday night my sisters and I went to see the new movie "Love Happens" which was a really good movie! Not what we were expecting, but it was a really sweet story.

On Saturday we walked around DBU - which I've never been to before. It's a beautiful campus up on a hill that over looks a lake. It truly is a gorgeous campus! Jamie is getting settled in and making friends and seems really happy there, which is so great! I know that God has had a plan all along in sending her there and I am so thankful that she is seeing that plan fulfilled. That afternoon Jamie and Mom and Dad went to the Dallas Art Museum (Jamie had to go for her art class) and so Lor, and Madie and I hit the mall.

I have to share this crazy little story - we spent quite a while in Forever 21 and I bought these two gold necklaces and then immediately put them on as soon as I left the store. Well, about a minute later we were walking down the middle of the mall and I broke the cardinal rule of mall shopping -I made eye contact with one of the kiosk workers. She immediately came towards me and said "I really like your necklace." Well, of course I was flattered, being as I had just purchased it minutes before. She then asked if it was one necklace or two and began reaching for it around my neck. I told her it was two that I had put together and at that point, she reaches down and takes one of the necklaces off of my neck and puts in on herself. I was so confused as to what she was doing. She said she wanted to see what it looked like on her. Then she asked me where I got it and how much I paid for it. I told her it was $5 or $6 and she said "I'll give you $4" (keep in mind she still has my necklace on at this point.) I said, "Well, I actually JUST bought this necklace and so I don't think I am going to sell it to you." She said "oh, I thought this was last season." (how rude! haha) So, then I asked for it back and she took it off and then tried to tell me about the mineral powder she was trying to sell. All in all that was one of the craziest things that has ever happened to me while shopping!

That night we went to a Ranger's Game and a MercyMe concert that was being held at the stadium. I love MercyMe! So, obviously the concert was wonderful! And we had a lot of fun at the game too. The Rangers actually beat the Angels (which I think are in first place right now) so that was great! It has probably been 10 or more years since I've been to a Rangers game and it was great to be back at the ballpark. Plus, being with my family is always great and we had a blast! Madie had the camera this weekend, and so hopefully I get some from her and can post them soon.

Then Sunday morning we went to church at FBC Dallas, which was my mom's church in high school when she became a Christian and was baptized. It is also special for her to go back and neat for us to get to go with her. After lunch we all headed separate ways - Mom, Lor and Madie went to Canyon, Dad headed to Marshal (he was speaking at ETBU yesterday), Jamie stayed in Dallas and I went back to Brownwood. This has definitely been a hard adjustment for all of us to be spread out, but we're making it. Thank goodness for cellphones! I think the next time we'll all get together will be for the BGCT convention in November (right after my 25th birthday - aahhh!).

Before I went back to Bwood, I got to see three of my HPU friends. Brandi and I went to Trader's Village for a couple of hours, which was quite the experience and it's always fun to see her! Then I met up with the Hayes sisters (Ashley and Lindsay Badgeley) for dinner at Panera and we had fun catching up! It was a really great weekend!

Travel update: I found out last week that my next trip will be to DC at the end of October. I'm going as a sponsor on a Model UN trip, and I'm really excited to get to go to my favorite city in the US for the second time this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment