Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So You Think You Can ...

DANCE! I would be remiss if I didn't give you, my wonderful readers, a detailed account of my amazing night at the So You Think You Can Dance tour last week. I went with my friends Larissa and Rachael to Grand Prairie for the tour. It was featuring the cast from season 7 (actually the first full season that I have watched all of the way through). I was excited to see all of my favorite dances performing my favorite dancers (most of them included Robert, my fav).

Here we are before we went in to the show:

So, while we were waiting for the show to begin, we were just sitting in our nose-bleed seats watching the slideshow that was meant to entertain us. Larissa had to go to the bathroom, so Rachael and I were reading the slides when one popped up that said "Got2B is giving away free backstage passes to the loudest fans, so make some noise." Well, Rachael and I started yelling, just for fun, and then another slide came up that said something like "You can do better than that, get louder!" So, we looked at each other, shrugged and thought, why not? So we yelled a little louder and threw our arms up. There weren't many people in our section at this point and we were pretty much the only ones yelling, so I guess we made ourselves noticable because less than a minute later this man and woman (with camera in tow) came up the stairs and gave us free backstage passes for being the loudest fans. It was AMAZING! We were in shock, to say the least! I've never won anything like that before! It was so fun! Here we are right after we won the tickets:

We were bursting at the seams for Larissa to get back and tell her our exciting news! She was shocked too. We were all so giddy and just kept laughing and saying "I can't believe this!" Well, then the show began - and it was awesome! They did all of my favorite dances, plus some bonus dances that were just so much fun! Then it was the big event! Time for us to meet all of our favorite dancers! We had to wait around about an hour after the show, but it was well worth it!

We met the winner of Season 7, Lauren, along with my favorite Robert, and Kent, Jose, Billy Bell, Dominic (all-star), Russell (Season 6 winner), Kathryn (all-star) and Ashley. It was so great! They were all so nice and just stood around and talked with us for a long time! My favorite person to meet was Kent. He was just precious! And I had a lot of fun when Dominic and Russell fought with me over who was more awesome! I still contend that they are so awesome, but they were pretty sure I was the awesome one, haha. Needless to say it was a really fun night! Here's some more pics for your enjoyment ...

Rachael, Kent and me

Larissa, Kathryn, Jose and me

The Awesome Dominic and Russell

Rachael, Larissa, Lauren and me

Me and Robert!

No comments:

Post a Comment