Monday, September 13, 2010

Kickin' it with Consistency

Tonight I went to Turbokick for the first time in at least 3 weeks. And you know what? It was hard! I know that it wore me out a lot more that it usually does. My schedule has been so crazy lately, I just haven't had time to go to the 5:30 classes, so I've been walking, doing the eliptical or other forms of exercise, but it's just not the same. Turbokick is intense - and it works for me! Since I started the class 5 months ago, I've lost around 20 pounds. This is a such great achievement for me! You don't know how long I've tried to lose weight, to no avail.

So, here's a summary of what I'm telling you - Turbokick works for me and yet, the past few weeks I haven't made time for it and so now it's kicking me in the rear end. Conclusion? I need to be more consistent with what I know is good for me. I need to make time for Turbokick in my life, because I know it's beneficial and don't tell anyone, but I really enjoy it too.

I feel like the same is true of my devotional time. When I am studying God's word, I can see the fruits in my life. I have more joy, no matter the circumstances around me. I am rooted in God's truth and I am less likely to faulter. And yet, so many times I'm inconsistent. I see how good it is when I spend time with the Lord and then I go and get busy and one of the first things to go is usually my quiet time with Him. Why is that? Why can't I remain consistent?

The new Bible study that I'm doing with a group of precious friends is on the book of Daniel. Last week we were talking about integrity and how one of the greatest keys to integrity is consistency. To remain consistent in what you say, what you do and who you are. So, my new personal goal is to be more consistent - in my quiet time, in my exercise, in my speech and in my actions. Now, I'm going to log out of skype and facebook and blogger and go do my Bible study!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about running. I'm so behind! Hope you keep kicking butt at Turbokick and in your Bible study!

    ReplyDelete