Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I love you, too!

I just finished going through my first Beth Moore bible study on Saturday with my friends Katie and Melissa. We did Breaking Free and it was really wonderful! I learned so much about who I am in the Lord, who He wants me to be and how to get over things in the past so I can live in the freedom that only comes from Christ.

During our Moore-a-thon, one of the things that Beth was talking about was God's love for us. She challenged us for a week to say to God, "I love you, too" instead of "I love you." Her rationale was that God loves us - it's so obvious! He sent His son to die for us. God IS love and while it is a great realization to know that we love God, it is also so important to realize that everyday He is saying "I love you" to each of us. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this as eloquently as she did, but it has been neat over the past few days to say this to my Father. To imagine Him saying "I love you, Kalie" and my response being to acknowledge that and return it. I'm so thankful that God loves me. I don't know where I would be without His love in my life and I pray that my life is a reflection of God's love.

This study was really great for me, because not only did I learn a lot, but I also developed some discipline with my quiet time and spent intentional time with the Lord each day. I'm starting a new Beth Moore at my house in a couple of weeks with my 20-something friends here in Brownwood and I'm really excited about it! There are at least 10 ladies right now that are interested and I think it will be so wonderful to get to know some new friends and learn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment