Monday, June 14, 2010

Quasi Window

I love stained glass!! I think it is so beautiful, how the light streams through and makes colors become so vivid and brilliant! Since I don't have a window in my new office, my boss Louise had the wonderful idea to share a stained glass with me to give me the illusion of a window. This stained glass was donated by an alum and was originally in a church somewhere in Tennesse. I don't know it's full story, but it's beautiful nonetheless. Our campus carpenter framed it and put a backlight in it to make it really look like a window and today he came and hung it in my office - it's awesome!

Here's a close up picture so you can see what it looks like.

This is a view of my whole office - doesn't the stained glass add so much?

And, speaking of stained glass, I took this picture on campus today in our new Grace chapel. I thought it was really breathtaking. I just looked up and this is what I saw.

2 comments: