Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Coffee House Poetry

When I was a sophomore in college, my friend Brandi and I wrote some poetry one night during a BSM coffee house. Our methodology was quite unique. We would start with one word and then take turns writing words or phrases, not looking at what the other person was writing, until we mutually decided we had reached the end. I stumbled across our poems today and I thought I'd share a few of my favorites.

Rainstorm
Flash of light
A piece of hair in her face
All alone
And the thunder rolls
Crash, bang
76 trombones
BOOM
A cell phone rings
Silence
Adjectives



Jesus
Amazing grace
Sunset
Father & Son
Projection screens
Walk in the park
Closed eyes
Sweet joy
Stains
All I need
Memories
Fly away
What a ride
Jesus

1 comment:

  1. I think I can tell who wrote most of the words/phrases.

    ReplyDelete