Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Home on the Range

I spent my past weekend "home on the range" here in Brownwood, but I had a wonderful treat - my sister Lorin and her best friend Cristal came in to visit. Lorin drove up from Galveston (about 6 hours) and Cristal came down from Canyon (about 5 hours) and I got to stay right here in the middle and welcome them.

We had such a great time catching up! Steve's, the Runaway Train, movies, talking... what more could you ask for? Lor did end up getting a flat tire, but Brittany and her boyfriend Jonthan vallantly came to our aid and changed it for us. Lorin even got to stay on until Monday, so we had a fun sister day, just hanging out at my apt.

For the past four years, the three of us have had weekly dinners together and lots of hang out time and I am really going to miss having them around this fall!

Cristal brought my old bed and dresser down with her, so my bedroom is shaping up! For the first time in seven years, I actually have a fullsize bed! I'm having fun looking for a new comforter and figuring out how I want to arrange my bedroom. This has been the area of my apt that I have just not focused on for the past three years - now it's finally getting my attention. Hopefully I can find some fun things to put in there to make it cute.

Also, my little sister Jamie moved into college today! I just can't believe it! She's starting her freshman year at DBU and it feels like just yesterday I was a little freshman here at HPU. Seven years sure can fly by! I'm so excited for J and all that the Lord has in store for her! I think my freshman year was my favorite! God blessed me with amazing friends and we had so much fun going on roadtrips, playing pranks, watching Jeopardy, and getting to know each other. I'm praying that Jamie is blessed with great friends as well. I really wish I could have been there to help her move-in! Being a grown-up stinks sometimes! There was just no way I could have gotten away, but I'm looking forward to family weekend in Septemeber when I can see her new dorm room, meet her friends and see DBU for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment