Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Desert Song

"All of my life, in every season
You are still God,
I have a reason to sing,
I have a reason to worship"

So lately, I have really been loving Hillsong's "Desert Song." Not because I'm living in a literal desert (although it feels like it - with all this 100 degree heat) or even a figurative one. Just because the words are so refreshing and such a great reminder of my Lord and how He loves me! I really love the part that I quoted above. It is so true that in every season of my life, God has remained the same and that in and of itself is a reason to sing and worship.

I have so much to be thankful for in my life! I have been blessed beyond measure and all I have to do is look down the street to be reminded of God's mercies. I was walking past the bell towers today at HPU, and if you've ever been on campus, you know that they are an icon. I was flooded with memories of my time as a student here, and the last three years on staff. God has placed so many amazing people in my path during my time here and each person has had such a wonderful impact on my life. I am so thankful that I have found a home here at HPU. I was sharing with someone the other day about how, since Dad is a pastor, we moved a lot when I was growing up and I have a hard time really telling people where my "home" is - basically it's always been where my family was living at the time. But stating a literal physical place has always been hard for me. I can never really answer the question "where are you from?" very easily. But God has given me a home here in Brownwood. Amazingly, I have lived here longer than any other place in my life. Living here has been so wonderful, because I have been able to put down roots and I feel like I have really be able to grow into who the Lord wants me to be. I still have a long way to go, but at least I'm making some progress - I think. :)

This may be a bunch of rambling and you are probably asking yourself what all of this has to do with the song that I started out talking about. All that to say - I serve a God who is always going to be God and that is a reason to sing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment