Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rockin' and Rollin' in the New Crib

Whew, these past few weeks have been quite the whirlwind. I moved into my new house a little over two weeks ago - YAY! As soon as I moved in I lost my connection to the outside world (i.e. internet and cable), hence the lack of blogging. I've had so much I have wanted to write, but haven't been able to - so let's see if I can remember it all.

First of all, this move has been exciting, tiring, long, overwhelming, sad and happy. For those of you who don't know, I have lived in my apartment behind the HPU President's house since the week after I graduated college. It's been my home. I had two different roommates during my first year, but since then I've been on my own in my little home. It was not a big space, but it was mine. And, so it was kind of sad to think about moving out, but at the same time, I've been so excited to get into a HOUSE and have a roommate again (my friend Candice). The moving process has taken a lot longer than I thought it would - mainly because I've been busy and I couldn't move a lot of it on my own b/c A) I don't have a truck and B) I don't have the muscles necessary to lift large pieces of furniture on my own. So I had to ask for help - which is hard for me. I want to be self-sufficient and take care of everything on my own! I'm independent! Hello! But my friends Jeff and Kristy have been so sweet to help me and I'm so grateful that it's not hard to ask them to help! They even helped me move my bed and couch in the rain b/c I needed it at the house in time for my friend Maria to come visit. They are wonderful!

All that to say - moving has been an experience - for sure! Candice has only spent two nights at the new house with me so far. Our schedules have been completely opposite. But I'm sure one day soon we'll be together all the time and have lots of roommate bonding! :)

A frustrating part has been my lack of internet. I didn't realize how dependent I am upon it until it was taken away from me. I signed up for Verizon high-speed internet this week and was so excited to get the modem in the mail on Thursday night. I went straight to setting it up only to run into problems. So, yesterday, after three dropped calls and lots of "patience" I finally talked to a technician who said they will have to send someone out on Monday to look at it. I decided I was okay with that (didn't really have a choice not to be) and I went over to Jeff and Kristy's to use their internet so I could post some new pics, blog and you know do the normal stuff. And wouldn't you know it, my computer has decided to be stupid and not work. I don't know what's wrong with it either. All I know is that me and technology aren't really friends right now.

But - I'm settled into my new house now and I promise to post pictures as soon as technology and I reconcile. And here's an invitation to come visit! I'd love to show you my new crib! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment