Monday, November 9, 2009

What difference do it make? by Ron Hall, Denver Moore and Lynn Vincent


Ron Hall and Denver Moore join together for a sequel to their New York Times bestseller Same Kind of Different as Me. A wonderful continuation of a truly life-changing story, this book shares more stories of the unlikely friendship between a millionaire art dealer (Hall) and an illiterate homeless man (Moore). Throughout the book are stories about people who read the first book and were inspired in different ways. What difference do it make? also provides the reader with motivational thoughts on how to make a difference in the world around you.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it to others! I think it is important to read Same Kind of Different as Me first, so that you understand the history and background. This is like a "bonus features" section, providing more detail on many stories that had already been shared. I absolutely loved the small stories from readers - sharing how the book had impacted them and inspired them to make a difference. It was definitely very convicting, making me aware of my own prejudices and uninformed views of homelessness.
This is my first book review for Thomas Nelson, and I am looking forward to my next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment