Wednesday, November 18, 2009

H-town

While my family and I were in Houston for the BGCT annual meeting, we took part in several VERY different cultural events!


On Saturday night, my sisters and I went to the sold out Chris Brown concert at the House of Blues. It was quite an experience! I don't think I would've gone with anyone else, and we were definitely out of our element, but we had a lot of fun. While we do not agree with his personal choices in life, Chris is really a great dancer, singer and overall entertainer. We had alot of fun!


On Sunday night, Lorin, Phil and I went with my mom to see the auther A. J. Jacobs speak at the Jewish Community Center. Jacobs is the author of several books including Know it All and The Year of Living Biblically. He has just written a new book, which he was promoting. I haven't read any of his books, but I think that they are probably really funny. I did buy the biblical book to read, and of course get autographed. That book is the most intriguing to me because he is a Jew that decided to live an entire year of life following every law and rule he could find in the Bible. He said that it was a really life changing year and he implemented several things into his life afterwards, but sadly, he missed the point of the Bible. He was so wrapped up in the legalism that he missed out on the Savior! He missed the reason for following God's laws - love that pours out of our lives after we have accepted Jesus in our hearts and received redemption from sin. I'm looking forward to reading the book, and it was neat to hear him speak, nonetheless.


Then on Sunday night, we were able to see Robbie Seay perform a concert at the convention. I really loved his voice and he has a great new song called "Miracle" that I'm going to buy on iTunes! It was definitely a change from the other two nights, but I really enjoyed it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment