Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Today I said goodbye to my sweet friend Danielle, who is headed to East Asia to serve as a missionary. She will be gone for the next two years, following the call that the Lord has placed upon her life to serve people in a country thousands of miles away that she has never been to. I didn't think that I would get to see her again before she left, and so today was a great surprise!

I am so thankful for Danielle and for her precious friendship. We became friends about a year and a half ago, at a time when I really needed a friend. We had gone to school together for three years, but never knew each other, and it wasn't until we had both graduated that we bonded over One Tree Hill and became lifelong friends! I know that the Lord brought us together as friends at exactly the right time! Danielle was my travel buddy last summer to Europe where we went to five cities in three countries in nine days. It was an awesome trip! Now, she is embarking on a new journey and I am so proud of her and look forward to seeing the amazing things that God is going to do in and through her over the next two years!

Hopefully our goodbye today was only for about six months, because my plan is to go see her in her new home over Spring break in March. I am so thankful for modern technology that will allow us to stay connected while being far away. Knowing that we can skype, email, facebook and more made the goodbye much more bareable today. All the same, it was still hard to say goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Saying goodbye to her is so hard!!! I know.....I'm so happy that Danielle has a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete