Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Books, books, books

So, as many of you already know - I LOVE books! Recently I have signed up for two new books programs that are both really unique and exciting to me, so I thought I'd share them with you.

Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger

Probably about a month ago now I heard about this program with Thomas Nelson publishers through my friend Katie and immediately I signed up! Basically here's how it works: Thomas Nelson ( a Christian publishing company) sends me a free copy of one of their recently released books, and I will review it for them on my blog (so, readers of my blog - be aware that book reviews will be forthcoming on here!). It doesn't matter whether I like the book or not, they just want me to share my opinion and post it on an additional book review website as well. As soon as I complete the review, I'm eligible for another FREE book.

I'm so excited about this and I already have my first book - it's called What Difference Do It Make? and it's written by the same authors who wrote Same Kind of Different As Me. I won't tell you anything about the book yet, so that you can look forward to that soon (probably after Homecoming, the way my life is going right now). This makes me feel important, because someone actually wants to hear my opinion on books! I read all of the time, so why not tell others about it and get free books in the process?

Paperback Swap

The other book website that I have signed up for is called Paperback Swap and it is exactly what it says it is. I have registered on the site and posted some of my old paperbacks that I don't want any more. Once I posted 10 (which suprising wasn't that difficult to find on my overflowing bookshelf), I was eligible for 2 credits - meaning that I was eligible to request two books from other members. The only payment that is involved is when someone requests one of my books, I am responsible for the shipping costs. But, as soon as the other person receives it, I get a credit for another book of my choice. I have already had someone request one of my books and I plan on mailing it off in the morning. It's kind of like an internet library - but the cool thing is that if I really love a book, I can just keep it! If it's not that great - I'll just post it back on the site and get another one.

I thought my fellow book lovers would be interested in these two neat websites! Here are the links if you want to sign up for yourself! Happy reading!

http://brb.thomasnelson.com/

http://www.paperbackswap.com/

4 comments:

  1. I use paperback swap, too. isn't it great? When you want a book, it doesn't cost anything. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great, and actually I heard about it from Danielle who said that you and your sister were on it. So, thank you for sharing it with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I am glad that you like paperback swap! I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so excited to read your reviews! Unfortunately, my reviews won't come for a while since I have a large stack of "must-read-now" books that I need to get through first!

    ReplyDelete