Monday, October 19, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas

This weekend I went to Dallas with my friend Candice and we had so much fun! On Saturday we met my mom and sister Jamie and headed to the State Fair! It has been years since I've been the fair and it was fun to be back. It just happened to be the Texas v. OU game, and can I just say, I have never seen so much burnt orange in my life! There were 90,000 people at the game, and I think I saw everyone of them! Whew it was crazy! That night we stayed for the Miranda Lambert concert, which was really good! I've never actually heard her music before, but she was a good entertainer, and she's a Texan, so obviously she was awesome!
On Sunday, we pick up Jamie and two of her new college friends - Allison and Erin - and headed back to downtown Dallas for the grand opening of the new AT&T Performing Arts Center. The entire arts district was free for the day and there were constant performances, so needless to say, we were very entertained. We saw dancers, acrobats, a jazz band and a Grammy award winning flutist. Here's some pictures from the weekend.
Me, Mom, Jamie and Big Tex

Mom and her new ride

Me and J before the concert

Miranda Lambert

J and her friend Allison


These crazy guys from "Anti-Gravity" - an acrobatic team that did amazing stunts!

Candice and I outside the Performing Arts Center

1 comment:

  1. kalie and candice - i love both of your necklaces in that last pic! Cute!

    ReplyDelete