Saturday, July 25, 2009

We're Not in Kansas Anymore


Last week I went to Kansas City with two of my co-workers, Kristy and Yvonne, to attend a website conference. We were there from Monday through Thursday and had a really great time! Our hotel was right across the river from a really fun shopping area called Country Club Plaza. Apparently Kansas City is the known as the city of fountains and we definitely saw quite a few! In between sessions we were able to do a lot of fun things in the city.




One night Kirsty and I went to the Starlight Theatre, which is one of only 3 outdoor theaters left in the US, and saw the musical "Anything Goes." I love musicals, and so I really enjoyed it! We went on Tuesday night and Kristy and I had both assumed the whole time that we had been in Kansas, so I asked our cab driver how far away Missourri was. He said we were in Missourri, so I said, oh, but our hotel was in Kansas, right? And he said no. Apparently our entire trip we had been in Missourri. It was such a weird feeling to have thought I was in one state for two full days and I was really in another. I know it doesn't make that much of a difference, but it was still a really crazy thing!




The next day we all took our lunch break to go to the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum. I saw some Monets, some Egyptian art, and I found my knight in shining armor! Who knew he was in KC?


All in all it was a really fun trip! I learned a lot of great things about our website and way to improve our usage of it, which I know will be beneficial at work, plus I had a lot of fun too! Kansas City is a really beautiful place and I would highly recommend visiting it!

On an unrelated note, one year ago today I was boarding a plane with my friend Danielle headed to Vienna, Austria. We had such an amazing time visiting Vienna, Prague, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Budapest. We met up with our best friends Cassie and Lauren who were studying there for the summer and I can't believe it's already been a year since we went! I was definitely one of the best trips I've ever been on! Here's a picture from our European adventure!

Danielle and I in Salzburg during our "Sound of Music" tour - so fun and BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment