Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gleeful Beauty

Last night I was watching one of my favorite shows, Glee (which is awesome, if you aren't watching it, you should be!), and it was a really great episode about beauty. In addition to the wonderful music throughout the show, it really sent a message about accepting yourself for you are and not conforming to the pressures of those around you. It really struck a chord with me, because like everyone in the world, I struggle with my self image from time to time.

As I was thinking about it, I was reminded of my friend Jessica, who would always say this verse from Zephaniah when we were in college "The King is enthralled by your beauty!" She loved the word entralled and loved to speak that over us. It was an encouragement - the maker of the universe, the King of kings is entralled with my beauty! If that isn't an ego booster, I don't know what is, haha.

I even went to a luncheon today and the speaker was talking about inward beauty and how that is so much more important than outward beauty. And I believe that's true! Your character and who you really are deep inside means so much more than the clothes you wear, your haircut and make-up and even, gasp, your weight!

God loves me for who I am and thinks I'm beautiful - I guess I needed to be reminded of that today. And guess what - He loves YOU too and thinks YOU are beautiful! Be encouraged! The King is entralled by your beauty! ;)

4 comments:

  1. I love that verse. It is so sad how quickly we forget that He is enthralled by our beauty! Thank you for the encouragement today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at work today with my Itune's on shuffle and this song came on which always reminds me of exactly what your post says.

    All the Beauty (Kati's Story) by JJ Heller. Listen to it. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalie! Thank you for these wonderful reminders!
    YOU are beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it when Jess would remind us of that verse! What a great verse and great memories!

    ReplyDelete