Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taipei 101

In 29 days I'm boarding a plane with a final destination of Taipei, Taiwan. I'm so excited because I am going to visit one of my favorite people - my friend Danielle (who is currently living in the city of 2.6 million). Having never been that far east, I can't wait to see all that is to come during my Spring Break for 2010.

The other day Danielle was listing off places that we can go see while I'm in town - Longshan Temple, Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and Taipei 101. I figured the first two were buildings, but I was a little puzzled by Taipei 101. I assumed it was her Chinese class where she must also be learning about the history of the city. Turns out I was wrong, haha. Taipei 101 is actually a skyscraper that was the world's tallest building from 2004 to Jan. 4, 2010. Inside it is a entertainment superhouse - with a shopping mall, cinema, restaurants, observation deck and more. It sounds like so much fun! Danielle laughed at me when she realized my assumption, and rightly so. Unfortunately I don't know much about Taipei, but I'm looking forward to learning more!

I'm not sure all that we will do during my 10 day trip, but I know it is going to be so much fun. Danielle and I became travel buddies back in 2008 when we took an AWESOME trip to Europe together to visit our friends who were studying in Austria for the summer. Along the way we built a great friendship that has been such a blessing to me. I can't wait to see this new city that is now her home and to see my friend, who I have missed so much!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, favorite Kalie,

    I cannot wait 27 more days until I get to see you! I have been asking around to see what we should do! I have lots of ideas!
    You are so special to me and I love our friendship.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete