Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mini Donut Cupcakes

Dear blog readers,

I have found that while the main purpose for starting this blog was to share my travel stories, I have a lot of other random things I like to talk about as well (as I'm sure you have noticed if you are a frequent reader). So, for those of you who want to hear all about my exotic adventures, stay tuned - there will be plenty more to come {for instance, in just one month and 2 days I'm heading to Taipei, Taiwan! More on that later}. So, anyway, thanks for humoring me and for being such a great reader and friend - here's a little treat for you. I found a new recipe that is so simple and so good. It's from a new cookbook I bought called "Quick Fixes from Mixes."

Mini Donut Cupcakes

1 box of yellow cake mix
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake as the box directs and add nutmeg. Then, pour into mini muffin pans (that have been greased). Bake for about 14 minutes - you probably want to watch it because while it doesn't take as long to cook as cupcakes, it takes longer than you would think. Meanwhile, put the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. When the mini cupcakes are done, let them cool for a few minutes (important, otherwise they tend to crumble - this is the voice of experience talking) and then roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. And tada - all done. It's delicious, I promise! And when I made them yesterday I was able to get 6 dozen out of the mix. Enough to share with lots of people. But beware - they are so good that you can't just eat one, or two ... :)

Enjoy! and Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment