Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Taking My Mom to School

Well friends, I'm two weeks away from my next adventure. I will be flying with my mom to Paris, France, to help her settle in for her semester-long studies. Many of you know that Mom has been working on her master's degree at UTEP. Well, she found a way to study abroad for the fall, which will provide her with the ability to intensely study the French language, culture, and history in a way that many of us would only dream about. I am so proud of Mom! She is so brave and driven and I can't wait to hear about all of her experiences! When Mom told me that everything had been approved and she would be officially going to Paris, I graciously volunteered to take her to school. She needed someone to go with her and help her get settled, and you know, I am willing to do that! :) Here is a link to my mom's blog if you want to read about her passion that has lead her to this journey.

So, we leave in a couple of weeks for Paris. We are going a few days before her program starts so that we can explore the French Riveria. Mom gave me my choice of where I would like to go within reasonable distance from Paris, and I chose the Cote d'Azure because I thought it would be neat to stay in France and see a new area. I've read that the beaches are gorgeous, the waters are crystal clear, the views are breath-taking, and the Old Town feel is like nothing else. We will spend a day in Marseilles, and then two days in Nice, with a day trip over to Monte Carlo. Then, we will be back in Paris for three days before I head back home.


Nice

Marseilles

I've never been to Paris in the fall (this will be my third trip to my favorite city, though). I can't wait to see what it looks like this time of year! And I am so excited about exploring Mom's new neighborhood and helping her figure everything out!

Mom will be there until the end of January, but she will have several visitors during her time away. Lorin is going to see her in December and then Dad is going for two weeks right after Christmas to celebrate their 30th anniversary. My friend Ashley is also going to visit Mom for a week in November. I know she is going to love showing each of us parts of Paris that she loves as she makes one of her favorite cities her home for a while. We are going to miss her so much, but we are all so proud of her and thankful that God has provided this awesome opportunity!

So, stay tuned! I plan to post a few times while I am away to share our stories. If you know me and my mom well, you know that great adventures are going to be had!

Our trip to NYC in January 2010

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this exciting new adventure! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pictures. We'll be praying for safe travels and that you mom has an amazing time in France!
    Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweet K, you have always taken such good care of me! I promise to return the favor when you go abroad next!

    ReplyDelete