Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Jane Austen Style

Yesterday I had one of the most fun parties ever! We had a Jane Austen themed Valentine's party complete with scones, cucumber sandwiches, tea and so many other yummy treats. We watched Sense & Sensibility and the Jane Austen Book Club and just had so much fun! I just love bonding with friends over our adoration for Jane. We discussed our favorite characters and books. It was just a great afternoon of good food, good friends and good movies! I even got to use my grandmother's milkglass tea plates and cups! It was so special! Here are some pictures from our great (hopefully annual) party!

Our delicious spread of food - all scrumptious!

My co-hostess Maria

Heart-shaped chicken salad sandwiches


My teapot from Bath, England - where Jane Austen lived for a while

Jane Austen lovers - Maria, Katie, Beka, Candice, Keren, Jen and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment